When it comes to fitness and overall health, it seems as though everyone is searching for the latest and greatest thing out there, right? I’m definitely guilty of this too! I love to try different workout regimens and dietary patterns. I think it’s important to mix up your fitness routine for two main reasons. First, it prevents boredom and keeps the dreaded “exercise” exciting and new! Second, we must keep our bodies guessing! What I mean by that is…..if we engage in the same fitness routine every day or week, our bodies expect it, adapt to it, and don’t change much or “shift” in the direction we want them to. Make sense?
Over three years ago, I began to incorporate essential oils and into my fitness routine and have seen amazing results! For me, it has been more about having greater endurance and treating aching joints and muscles that otherwise were preventing me from moving toward my goals. For others it may be about losing weight or achieving a healthier weight. Whatever your goals are, I am here to tell you that essential oils can support and assist you in achieving of them! Below I have outlined how you can incorporate essential oils into your routine. These natural products can help maximize your efforts and reach your fitness goals.
Lemon essential oil:
- Assists the body in flushing out toxins that slow us down and can lead to a host of health related issues.
- I drink 3-4 drops of lemon essential oil in my water throughout the day to support my body in getting rid of toxins and balance the overall pH.
Peppermint essential oil:
- Invigorating, cooling, revitalizing. This essential oil increases alertness and focus. It also helps to fight hunger cravings and can be inhaled before or between meals for assistance in this area.
- I love to place one drop of peppermint on my temples before a workout for its energizing effects!
- This is a blend of essential oils that assists in expanding the airways and supporting a healthy respiratory system. Healthy airflow and oxygen supply increase energy with each breath.
- This blend is perfect to apply topically to the chest before exercise. It works exceptionally well for those with a history of on going respiratory issues.
- This is my absolute favorite essential oil blend, hands down! This amazing blend of oils helps to support and ease aching muscles and joints. It has a minty smell and cooling effect when applied topically.
- I simply could not live without this blend! After suffering from some serious back pain 3 years ago, this blend has been a lifesaver. During that time in my life, I was not able to exercise due to extreme pain. This had an effect on me both mentally and physically. I ultimately discovered and began applying the soothing blend topically to my back and also my knees before exercise and have been able to not only exercise again but my fitness level and routines have improved allowing me to reach and move closer to many of my goals!
- This essential oil blend is spicy, cleansing, and refreshing. Best of all, it supports a healthy metabolism and body weight. It also assists the body in eliminating toxins. Appetite and cravings can be suppressed with this blend.
- Many essential oil users love to drink this fresh and minty oil in their water. I personally prefer to take the metabolic blend in a capsule (3-5 drops) between meals to ward off cravings.
Grapefruit essential oil:
- This essential oil is citrusy and fresh. It is well known for it’s ability to rid the body of toxins, help ward off sugar cravings, and reduce the appearance of cellulite. Yes, you read that right!
- My favorite way to use grapefruit, other than drinking in my water, is to apply it topically with coconut oil to specific areas of concern. You know, those hard to battle areas where cellulite seems to collect. It really works!
This is really just the tip of the iceberg where essential oils and fitness are concerned! If you have additional questions or would like to know more about how to purchase essential oils and begin taking your fitness to a new level, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to help you get started!!