This makes for a great side dish to taco night or topping for a taco salad. Comes together in 5 minutes! You can’t get much simpler than that!
– 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn (you could use fresh corn and cut it off the cobb after cooking)
– 1 cup black beans (rinsed and drained from the can or soak/cook your own)
– 1 tablespoon grapeseed or olive oil
– 1 small shallot, minced (use 1/2 small onion if you do not have a shallot)
– Juice of 1/2 lime
– 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (omit if you don’t have)
– Salt and pepper to taste
Heat a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat. If you are making this on taco night, use the same pan you cooked your taco meat in to add additional flavor and make for one less dish to wash! Add oil. Add shallots and sauté for approximately one minute or until translucent. Add black beans and corn and heat through for 2 minutes. Add the juice of the lime, s and p, and cilantro. That’s it!! Add to rice and throw on some tomatoes for a heartier dish (seen in pic). Enjoy!