Ohhhhh if you love cinnamon, a little heat, and chocolate, this is YOUR recipe!!! Served warm with a side of vanilla ice cream and you are in HEAVEN!!!
– ½ cup unsalted grassfed butter
– 8 ounces dark chocolate
– 3/4 cup maple syrup or brown rice syrup or honey
– 4 large eggs
– 1/2 cup coconut sugar
– ½ cup blanched almond flour
– 1 tablespoon coconut flour
– 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
– ¼ teaspoon sea salt
– ¼ teaspoon baking soda
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (omit if you prefer standard brownies)
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon or 3 drops of doTerra cinnamon essential oil (omit if you prefer standard brownies)
Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Lightly grease and inch baking dish and place a piece of parchment paper in the bottom with flaps on the side for easy release.
Place the butter and chocolate in a microwave-safe dish and heat on high at 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval until combined. Stir in the maple syrup and vanilla, then remove from heat and let cool.
In a food processor, add the coconut sugar, almond flour, coconut flour, arrowroot powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Process for 30 seconds.
Add the chocolate mixture and blend until smooth. Add 1 egg at a time, blending for 15 seconds between additions to fully combine.
Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center. Allow to cool in the pan for 15-20 to firm up a bit. Serve warm, maybe even with a side of ice cream 🙂
Recipe inspired by Against All Grain