Ever wanted to make some yummy pesto but didn’t have basil or it wasn’t in season? Well, here’s the solution…….Basil Essential Oil! This is why we LOVE keeping essential oils on hand! They are so versatile! Here is a simple “hack” when you are craving pesto and don’t have any basil ?
– 2 cups spinach
– 1 drop doTerra basil essential oil
– Zest and juice of one lemon
– 1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds
– 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast or Parmesan cheese
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 2 cloves of grated or chopped garlic
salt and pepper to taste (roughly 1/4 tsp of each)
Blend everything in food processor until creamy!
* if you have fresh basil on hand, you can use 2 cups of that in place of the spinach and basil oil