Who doesn’t love a good blueberry muffin?? Well, if you grab one off the shelf at the store or even at a bakery these little puppies can pack a serious calorie punch. Like ummmm 400-500 calories for 1 muffin!! Craziness I tell ya, craziness! I love making these at home to save calories and money, I put them in the freezer for a super simple breakfast or snack. Enjoy!
– 2 cups blueberries (if using frozen do not defrost, it will turn the batter blue)
– 1/4 cup milk (I prefer almond or coconut but any milk will do)
– 1/2 cup maple syrup
– 1/4 cup coconut sugar (can sub light brown sugar)
– 1/2 cup coconut oil or grass-fed butter melted
– 2 eggs
– 2 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp salt
– 2 cups gluten-free or whole wheat flour (alternative option: sub 2 cups GF flour for 1 cup GF flour + 1 cup almond flour)
***If you use doTerra essential oils, add 5 drops of lemon to the batter! SO fresh and delicious!
Preheat oven to 375, either grease a 12 cup muffin tin or line 12 with papers
Mix the wet ingredients together, then stir in the dry ingredients and fold in the blue berries. Divide evenly among the cups and bake until a tooth pick comes out clean, about 25-30 min. Enjoy!