This recipe is a yummy way to use the leftovers from your roast chicken, or simply to make a mouthwatering meal or side dish! If you’ve been wanting to know how to Roast the Perfect Chicken, click here to learn how to roast a whole chicken.
– 2 cups shredded chicken (use leftover from your roast chicken or from a rotisserie chicken or just bake 3-4 breasts in the oven.)
– 1/3 cup mayo (I like Primal Kitchen. It is Whole30 compliant)
– 1 tsp Dijon mustard
– 1 tbsp grated onion (basically the onion juice/pulp)
– ½ lemon, juiced
-2 stalks celery finely chopped
– ½ cup grapes or apples cut in half
– ¼ cup toasted pecans (can use walnuts or almonds)
– ½ tsp salt
– Freshly grated black pepper to taste
Shred your chicken and set aside. In a medium bowl, add the mayo, mustard, lemon juice, onion, celery, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Add in the chicken, grapes or apples, and nuts. Enjoy with crackers, on top of a salad, or in a sandwich!