Make this for a tasty snack for kids after school! I even send it to school in my kid’s lunch sometimes. So yummy and so Simple! You don’t even need a mixer!
– 2 cups whole wheat flour (you can use 1/2 wheat and 1/2 all-purpose white also)
– 3/4 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/2 cup coconut sugar (can sub brown sugar)
– 3/4 cup dark or semisweet chocolate chips
– 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (you could also use honey)
– 1/2 cup milk (I prefer almond or coconut but any milk will do)
– 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
– 1/2 cup applesauce
– 1 egg
– 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
– 2 ripe bananas, mashed
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Combine all dry ingredients in one bowl and whisk to combine. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients and whisk to combine. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Place in a greased loaf or bunt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 35 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean. You can also make these into muffins. If you choose muffins, decrease the baking time to 30 minutes. Enjoy!!