Chocolate Energy Bites
If you are looking for something to satisfy that sweet tooth…….this is it!! I love making these in advance and keeping them in the freezer for when those sweet cravings hit!
– 1 1/2 cups pitted dates (you can also use 1/2 dates and 1/2 figs)
– 1 cup raw unsalted almonds
– 1/4 cup hemp or chia seeds
– 2 tbsp Cacao powder or cocoa powder
– 2 tbsp almond butter
– 1 tbsp coconut oil
– 1/2 tsp cinnamon (more to taste), can also use 1 drop doTerra cinnamon essential oil instead
– 1/8 tsp salt
– 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Place the dates in a bowl and cover in water. Heat in the microwave on high for 45 seconds. This is simply to soften the dates. Remove dates and place in a food processor. Place all other ingredients in the food processor and pulse until combined and finely chopped. Next, roll into golf ball size circles and place on a cookie sheet in the freezer for about an hour. Remove and place into a ziplock bag and store in the freezer. They are best when slightly defrosted (cold but not too hard). Enjoy as a healthy snack!!!