As we find out that cows milk is not nearly as good for you as we once thought, most are turning to nut milks instead. Such a great choice and one that proves to be so beneficial to your overall health! I’ve had both store bought nut milks and have also made my own before and there is no comparison! Making your own is the way to go! But, it can be somewhat of a chore!
Buying a nut milk bag and straining out the pulp is a step I would rather skip… as it’s a bit of a hassle. I have the solution for you if you want homemade a homemade nut milk without the fuss!
– 1 cup raw cashews
– 3 cups filtered water
– dates – for added sweetness
– 1/4 tsp cinnamon
– pinch of salt
– 1 tsp of vanilla or 1/4 tsp of vanilla powder
- Soak 1 cup cashews in water to cover for at least 2 hours or up to overnight
*Quick soak method: boil water first then put cashews in and let soak for 10 minutes
- Drain cashews and put in blender
- Add 3 cups of filtered water, 1 date (2 if you want it sweeter), ¼ tsp cinnamon, a pinch of salt and 1 tsp of vanilla ( or ¼ tsp of vanilla powder)
- Blend in a high speed blender for 1 minute or until smooth
No straining needed! How awesome is that?! And it’s so creamy and delicious, enjoy!
This will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days