The best gluten-free biscuits
Sometimes gluten free baked goods can come off as too dense and also leave you feeling a little blah. These biscuits combine almond flour with gluten free flour mix to make the perfect texture. Enjoy!
1 cup of almond flour
1 ½ cup gluten free flour
1 stick of butter chilled, cut into cubes (preferably grass fed ie kerry gold)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon sugar OR for a refined sugar free option, simply sub coconut sugar (cup for cup)
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup canned full fat coconut milk and the juice of ½ lemon.
- For the biscuits: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the coconut milk and lemon juice, set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine both flours, baking powder, salt, sugar and baking soda. Pulse to combine.
- Cut the butter into pieces and add into the flour. Pulse to combine until it looks like wet sand. While the food processor is running, pour in the coconut and lemon juice mixture until the dough comes together.
- Take a large ice cream scoop (about 1/3 cup each) and scoop out portions of the mixture onto the parchment lined baking sheet. Pat down with your fingers to flatten them out
- Place the biscuits on the baking sheet and bake until the tops are golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. While the biscuits are still hot, brush some of the remaining butter on each biscuit.
- Enjoy with butter, jelly or whatever your preference is!