Try this tasty recipe that can be used in a variety of ways for breakfast or just snacking!
– 4 cups old fashion rolled oats
– 1 cup chopped walnuts
– 1 cup slivered almonds
– 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
– 1/2 cup honey (maple syrup, brown rice syrup would always work too)
– 1/4 cup coconut oil
– 2 tsp cinnamon ( 2 drops if doTerra cinnamon essential oil will work here too)
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 3/4 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, and coconut
In a separate bowl, combine honey, oil, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Combine both mixtures and pour onto 2 sheet pans that have been sprayed with cooking spray. Cook for 45 minutes or until light golden brown. Stir once about midway through the cooking process to achieve an even color.
Remove from oven and let cool before serving. Serving size is 1/4 cup
Ways I LOVE to eat this tasty little treat:
* as a topping for yogurt
* slice a banana and top with granola
* mix a couple tablespoons of chocolate chips and raisins creating your own trail mix
* top a bowl of fresh berries and eat like a parfait