- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb grass-fed beef
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 jar marinara sauce (Muir Glen is a fav)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or use doTERRA oregano essential oil by placing a toothpick in the oil and then swirling into the sauce
- 8 ounces gluten free pasta (short cut like fusilli or penne)
- 1 tsp salt plus salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmigiano reggiano
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
Preheat oven to broil. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add 1 tsp salt and the pasta. Cook 1 minute shy of package instructions. Drain pasta and set aside. If using gluten free pasta, rinse with warm water to prevent sticking together.
While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and sausage and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes; drain excess fat. Stir in marinara and rinse the jar with a few tablespoons of water. Add oregano, salt and pepper stir to combine. Next, add the pasta to the meat mixture and stir to combine. Sprinkle ½ of the mozzarella and ½ of the parmesan cheese in and stir to combine. Next, place dollops of ricotta over the top and sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese over the top. Place into preheated oven on broil for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Watch closely as it can burn quickly! Garnished with parsley or basil if desired.