Mexican Salmon Salad
Try this Salmon Salad with a Mexican Twist!
– 4 salmon fillets (approximately 4 ounces each)
– 2 limes (slice one lime into 8 thin, round slices), reserve the other lime to squeeze on salmon after cooked
– 1 tsp cumin
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/4 tsp black pepper
– 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
– 2 tsp granulated garlic
– 4 sprigs of fresh cilantro
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix together cumin, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and garlic in a small bowl. Tear 4 sheets of aluminum foil large enough to wrap salmon in. Place one fillet of salmon onto each piece of foil. Rub each piece of salmon with the spice blend you made. Place one sprig of cilantro on top of each fillet, then place 2 slices of lime on top of the cilantro. Wrap each piece of aluminum foil into a pouch. Place all 4 pouches onto a sheet tray. Bake for 12 minutes.
– Feta cheese (optional) OMIT for WHOLE30
– Cranberries (be sure there is no added sugar for WHOLE30)
– Toasted almonds (click here to learn how to toast and store your own nuts)
– Fresh cilantro
While the salmon cooks, assemble the rest of your salad. Start with a bed of lettuce (any green leaf, spring mix, or spinach will do). Add feta cheese if using, sliced avocado, dried cranberries, toasted almonds, fresh cilantro.
Once the salmon is cooked and cooled slightly, add to salad and top with fresh squeezed lime and balsamic vinaigrette.
– ½ cup balsamic vinegar
– 1 cup EVOO (Extra virgin olive oil)
– ¼ tsp salt
– ¼ tsp pepper
– 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
– 1 finely chopped shallot
Mix all ingredients in a glass jar and shake to combine. Save leftover jam jars. They work great for this! Keep in the refrigerator for tasty salads all week long!
Prep and cook time 20 minutes