Nourishing Kale Salad
Looking for something tasty that will nourish and cleanse your body? Try this simple yet nourishing kale salad that will give you energy for the day ahead!
– 2 medium bunches kale (stems removed)
– 1 diced bell pepper (red, orange or yellow)
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– ½ fresh lemon juiced
– 1 tbsp tahini
– 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
– ¼ cup chopped dried cherries (also can substitute cranberries)
– ¼ cup chopped pistachios (use any nut you prefer)
– 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
– 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (just eyeball it)
- Remove the stems from the kale and discard. Tear the leaves into small bite size pieces or finely chop the kale leaves if you prefer. Wash the kale and dry thoroughly. Place dried kale into a large bowl.
- Next, add the lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and begin massaging the kale with your hands for approximately one minute. This will make the leaves more tender. Then, add the tahini and continue to massage for one additional minute. Sprinkle in the nutritional yeast and black pepper. Add the peppers, pistachios, and cherries and toss all to combine.
- You can now place the salad in the fridge for 30 to 60 minutes to soften, or you can simply enjoy it right away!