Our Mama’s Veggie Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs ground beef (preferably grass-fed)
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 – 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1-15oz can tomato sauce
- 1 bag frozen veggies (corn, carrot, pea, green bean medley) OMIT CORN FOR WHOLE30
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup ketchup (Primal Kitchen, Tessemae’s or make your own for Whole30)
- 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce (OMIT FOR WHOLE30)
- 1½ tsp kosher salt, more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large stockpot or dutch oven over medium-low heat. Once hot, add ground been and brown thoroughly. Next, add onion, garlic and a teaspoon of kosher salt and cook about 3-5 minutes.
- Add broth, tomatoes, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, vegetable medley, bay leaf, and several grinds of pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, about 30 minutes. Enjoy!