If you are looking for an easy breakfast that the kids can help make and is ready to go for the morning, this will be your jam!!!
– 1/3 to 1/2 cup rolled oats (preferably gluten-free)
– 1/3 to 1/2 cup liquid (almond, coconut, or cashew milk)
– 1 tsp chia seeds (optional but highly recommended)
Add natural sweetness with one of the following:
– 1/2 mashed banana
– 1 tbsp honey, coconut sugar, or maple syrup
– 1/4 tsp cinnamon
– 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
– pinch of salt
Apples (I like to add these in to sit overnight, if choosing another fruit like berries, it’s best to add those in the morning so that the texture is not compromised)
Berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries)
Raisins or cranberries
Nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds)
- In a small bowl combine milk, oats, chia seeds, maple syrup, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla . Stir to combine. Add apples (if using) and stir once more. Cover and refrigerate overnight, or a minimum of 2 hours.
- In the morning, stir the oat mixture to combine. Add any additional topping that you choose. Enjoy a healthy breakfast!