Protein Power Balls
These little babies are a powerhouse of nutrition and yumminess!! Keep these in the freezer for when those sweet cravings hit!
– 2 cups old fashion oats (gluten-free preferable)
– 1 cup pitted dates covered in water
– 1/2 cup raw unsalted almonds
– 1/2 cup raw unsalted walnuts
– 1/4 cup raw unsalted sunflower seeds
– 1/4 cup chia seeds
– 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut (optional)
– 2 tbsp Cacao powder or coco powder (optional)
– 2 scoops of your favorite protein powder (vanilla or chocolate) (optional)
– 1/2 tsp cinnamon (more to taste), can also use 1 drop doTerra cinnamon essential oil instead
– 1/8 tsp salt
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
Place dates and water in the microwave on high for 45 seconds. Remove dates and place in a food processor. Reserve the liquid. Place all other ingredients in the food processor and pulse until combined and finely chopped. Next, begin pouring the reserved date water into the food processor as it’s running until you get a good consistency that you can easily roll into balls (not to wet and not to dry). Next, roll into golf ball size circles and place on a cookie sheet in the freezer for about an hour. If you want to get fancy, roll in shredded coconut! Totally not necessary for ultimate deliciousness! Remove and place into a zip lock bag and store in the freezer. They are best when slightly defrosted (cold but not too hard). Enjoy as a healthy snack or even breakfast on the go!!!