Check out this simple and healthy side for your next party! It holds up to the heat and the dressing is not mayo based so no worries about it spoiling! You can even omit the feta if you are worried about that ?
– 1 bag frozen edamame (organic is best)
– 2 bags frozen corn kernels
– 1 chopped red bell pepper
– 3 chopped green onions
– 1 finely chopped shallot or red onion
– 1 avocado diced
– ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
– 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
– 1 small clove of garlic, minced or grated
– ¼ cup red wine vinegar
– 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Prepare dressing by combining all ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk to combine. Drizzle over salad, and toss to coat. Enjoy!