The Perfect Brownies
We LOVE a good brownie here, but it’s been a little bit of trial and error trying to get one that was the right texture, flavor and ingredients health wise. We’ve nailed it with this brownie. Enjoy and tag us @anaturalshift when you make them!
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini, squeezed to remove extra moisture (I grated it, then pulsed it through my food processor for extra fine texture) *no need to peel the zucchini
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips + more for sprinkling on top
Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8×8 with parchment paper and non-stick spray.
- In a food processor, pulse together eggs, maple syrup. and honey.
- Add in coconut oil, almond butter and vanilla and pulse to combine.
- Add in dry ingredients and pulse again.
- Add in shredded zucchini and pulse for 30 seconds then add in chocolate chips.
- Pour into 8×8 dish and top with more chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick or knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool before cutting.. if you can!
*adapted from erin lives whole recipe. www.erinliveswhole.com